Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day One...Six Months to Go.

My goal is to have all of the unfinished projects completed by the time Michael returns sometime in August.  So today, I got started. I removed the sheetrock from both sides of this wall (pics below).  While it may seem that I'm creating new projects, it really is a continuation of a larger project.  A few weeks ago, Michael and I took out a portion of the closet wall in this room and now I need to repair the sheetrock, floor and run electrical to that area.  Well, the same items will need to be completed when this wall is removed so I figured I may as well go ahead and do it all at one time (I really don't want to go into the attic running electrical and such more than once).

So anyway, the purpose of this project is to replace the current door with a pocket door and move the opening to the left by about a foot.  Of course, now I will need to move some wires before I can begin framing the opening to accomodate the pocket door.  Tomorrow will be "wire day" - 1) moving the light switch and thermostat located on this wall and 2) for the new desk area created when Michael and I removed a wall a few weeks ago - adding a couple of electrical outlets, adding an overhead light fixture, moving the light fixture that was in the middle of the old closet, and moving the internet hookup from the other side of the room.  Hope I can get all of this done in one day.  My guess is that there will be MANY holes in the walls before I'm finished...

Before:

Before: Inside room w/camera aimed towards hallway

After Today: Inside room w/camera aimed towards hallway


Before: In hallway w/camera aimed towards room

After Today: In hallway w/camera aimed towards room

Of course, when Michael saw these pics he said that he thought I should just enlarge the room out into the hallway and forget about the pocket door.  Well, Babe, I think I have enough to finish as it is and if you still feel that way when you get home, we'll get started... 

No comments: