Saturday, May 2, 2009

Organizing/Spring Cleaning: Day One



It started with the kitchen cabinets. I made and installed a few new shelves and decided to pull everything out of the cabinets and organize the contents. In doing so, I found several items that really belonged in the utility closet rather than the kitchen which is how I ended up here. We had put one of those metal shelving units in this closet temporarily to hold kitchen items while the cabinets were being built. It was too large to fit back against the wall so it just sat in the middle of the closet and items continually fell off the back where you couldn't get to them. Anyway, I decided that organizing the kitchen cabinets needed to start in the utility closet. So, I built a cabinet that fits perfectly between the vertical soffit and the water heater. Now, maybe tomorrow I can get back to the kitchen cabinets.

No comments: